Full course description
Term: November 8, 2021 - February 17, 2022
Course Dates / Times: Online, synchronous with instructors, coaches, and guest speakers. The 13 week experience is scheduled to meet three times per week, on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM (Eastern Time). Classes will not be held on Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. Additional offline independent and group work is required to complete the assignments.
Audience: The Technology Sales Program is designed for part-time learners with a demonstrated commitment to learning and a strong interest in undertaking a sales career in the technology industry.
Cost: $10,500. Details on scholarships and financing options are available at http://sales.umd.edu/.
About This Course: Designed for part-time learners seeking a career in technology sales, our 13-week online program enables students to partner with expert technology and sales instructors to develop an understanding of Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Blockchain, Cloud, Cybersecurity, Internet of Things (IoT), and the overall global digital economy. With this foundation, students explore technology sales roles and apply sales skill applications through real-world employer role-play simulations and the use of sales tools and technology. Students learn to assess their sales aptitude, competencies, and strengths to position their skills effectively for the technology sales employment market.
What You'll Learn:
- Understand emerging technologies and their applications to businesses, organizations, and governments
- Demonstrate mastery of the proven sales methods
- Analyze customer needs, create the appropriate solution, and deliver persuasive presentations aligned with customer needs, goals, and objectives
- Utilize customer data tools, including Salesforce CRM, Google, website data, business records, and social media to determine the best prospects and develop insights on customers and opportunities
- Use sales planning techniques to achieve sales goals
- Create an ongoing customer relationship for incremental gain
- Tailor recruitment material for sales career interviews, resumes, and personal brand building